4.12.2009

This one gets a smiley face!



When time allows I enjoy trying new recipes and I must admit this one is going to get a smiley face in my book! I can feel my jeans getting tighter by the moment...so yummy & so simple to make!

CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER RIBBON DESSERT


What You Need:
12 Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies, divided
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
One 8 oz. package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
One 12 oz. tub Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed & divided
2 squares Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted


Directions:
Crush 8 of the cookies in a resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into the bottom of a foil-lined 9" x 5" loaf pan.

Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 3 cups of the shipped topping. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until well blended; set aside. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over the crust. Top evenly with the chocolate mixture;cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.

Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. Lift up on the tin foil, removing dessert from pan. Peel away tin foil and cut into slices. Top slice with a dollop of remaining whipped topping & crushed cookie crumbs.


Enjoy & have a good week,
brenda gervais

4 comments:

The French Bear said...

Thank you for sharing such a yummy treat, although I think you are a much better chef and a needle woman than I am, but I'll give it a try!!!
Happy Easter,
Margaret B

Margaret said...

Oh this sounds so good! Thanks for the recipe! :D

Patricia Lessell said...

Wow does that ever look good. So glad we can't get most of the ingredients here in the U.K. I cannot gain any weight. There I've said it. But it sure looks very very yummy. Enjoy. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Deb said...

That sounds like it will taste so good. My kids love peanut butter (well, so do I, but don't tell), so I think I'm going to have to try this one!