3.20.2011

There once was a little coat.
A little green and yellow plaid linen coat.
A coat hand-sewn by my mother.
Not for Miss Teddy,
but rather for me.
I was in kindergarten.
It was Easter.
It was my favorite Easter coat.
I loved the "bally" buttons!
I'm sure there must have been a matching dress...
Many years later,
this little linen coat of mine
is still
my favorite
Easter coat
&
Miss Teddy's too!
A coat that's a wee tad too big for Miss Teddy,
but
I keep telling her
she'll grow into
it someday...


Happy Spring,
Brenda






2 comments:

Cathy from Kentucky said...

Happy Spring to you Brenda, love you coat story. My Dad has passed and he was not one to shop a lot. But I am 54 and I am sure I was in my 20's and he bought me a coat and I loved it dearly and even more now. I have moved several times and I had wanted to have something made with it. It is still hanging in my closet. I was
wanting a Teddy Bear but I do not sew. I still smile just knowing it is in my closet.

MoonBeam said...

Sweet.

Happy Spring!

Bobbi