1.29.2011

It's good to see you...
sonny boy!
It was just a typical Saturday morning around the household. I'm still in my pj's running around taking pictures of ribbon and the dh is sitting on the couch reading the state's daily paper. When I hear the dh say, "Well I'll be darn, Woody made the paper again." The dh calls our son, Matthew this some times...sorry, it goes back to his unruly earlier teenage years, I'd explain but it's a long story....

So, this was our morning news....

It's always good seeing the kids. He didn't make the trip home for Christmas, it's been a while since we've seen him...so sometimes pictures have to do. This is the second time the newspaper has used this photo...I'm thinking he should be entitled to some sort of commission from the newspaper folks...don't you think?? At the time he was actually posing for his dad who was going to take his picture. What he didn't know was the newspaper folks were snapping one too! He, his girlfriend and dad had just completed their week long trek, on bike, across the state of Iowa, from Mississippi River to the Missouri River. Living on their bikes during the daytime hours and tenting it in various towns overnight along the route.

Well that's it, I just had a mother moment there... sorry, I'm done!

Have a good day,
Brenda

1 comment:

gracie said...

Wow, wonderful picture....