1.08.2011

Brrr.....

the weather outside has been frightful...


We woke to a dusting of snow in the morning, high winds in the afternoon and eve, making near blizzard conditions here in NW Iowa yesterday. More cold weather, windchill factors & snow are in the forecast through the weekend and into Monday. Sounds like a good weekend to stay indoors. Perfect weather to snuggle up and stitch in between loads of laundry. I really don't know how I would get through these long & cold winters if I didn't have my stitching. My stitching is my sanity!!


I have set a goal to stitch a motif a day on the Ann Dickinson sampler. Yesterday I stitched two (yippee) & am now just beginning the center cartouche. This sampler is filled with lovely little urns filled with flowers, birds, and a couple of silly birds & more...all little motifs that are so fun to stitch. I couldn't help but laugh as I stitched the silly little bird in the center photo and wondering... Wondering, what kind of bird is this? And here I thought I knew most of my birds...what is this silly little bird?? I call it, "Ann's Silly Little Bird". There are two of these "silly litte birds" on the sampler.

I've been receiving emails in regards to estimated release date, size of sampler, etc...

To answer your questions~

I have no release date in mind, I am just leisurely stitching this piece and when it's done, it's done!! The finished size of this sampler will be approximately 18" x 20" before framing.

Stay warm & have a good weekend,
Brenda

2 comments:

gracie said...

It is hard to be patient where your beautiful designs are concerned....me, i am waiting for the Love pocket!

Jan said...

Oh Brenda, I am so glad that I found your wonderful blog. I love doing cross stitch and I am sure that I will be visiting here often. You do such beautiful work.
It is cold here too but not as cold as your neck of the woods.
I wish you a very prosperous and Happy New year and look forward to more visits here.
Jan