10.22.2009

Sneaking off...

...just my dear husband & I for some
R&R.

(photos courtesy of Berwood Hill Inn)

Our little getaway is taking us to Lanesboro, MN. Lanesboro is the B&B capital of Minnesota. We are staying at the Berwood Hill Inn. I'm looking forward to their 5 course breakfast...sounds overwhelming to someone who usually misses the most important meal of the day! The Berwood Hill Inn is a country Victorian home that sits on 200 plus acres of rolling hills that overlook a hardwood valley. The leaves are supposed to be at peak so I am hopeful there will be a lot of photo opportunities...I'll have my camera in hand!


Lanesboro was chosen as a top "prettiest cities" in the U.S. on both Yahoo.com and Forbes Traveler.com lists for 2009. Another city on this list is Guttenberg, Iowa and we will be swinging through there on our way to Lanesboro. Guttenberg sits on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We have had a week of rain and cold dreary weather...hoping for a warm up for the weekend!
With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That sounds and looks heavenly, have a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip.

Debbie

Melody said...

Have a wonderful weekend! This place looks enchanting.

Melody