10.12.2009

Brrr......

Frost on the pumpkins....



No, take a closer look... that is snow on the pumpkins!


We awoke this morning to a pretty little dusting of snow...


the first of the season.




The growing season has sadly come to an end...




Time to clear off the gardens,


heap on the wood


&


get the warm woolly sweaters out...




Summer is over...the reality of it is just settlin' in.



A good day to nestle in and do some stitching

&

cook up a batch of soup

to warm

the tummy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come along & let's make some soup...
Some
Cheesy Pepper Chowder, that is.

Super easy & and equally delicious!


Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add 1 package (3 cups) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mixture. This can be found in your frozen foods section. Cook vegetables for 5 - 7 minutes or until tender.


Add 2 minced cloves of garlic, stir for 30 seconds.



Add 1/2 pound of chicken fajita meat. Available in the deli-meat section of the grocery store.




Mix 2 teaspoons of chicken bouillon granules into 1 cup of warm water. Stir in 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Pour into vegetable/chicken mixture.



Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. It is at this time that I cut up the pepper strips into shorter lengths with the edge of a spatula.



Over medium heat, add 8 ounces shredded Velveeta cheese.



Add 1 cup whipping cream to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.



Add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. dried Cilantro; stir to mix in. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Watch closely as you don't want this to boil.


I like to serve this chowder with Avocado flavored corn chips (available at Wal-greens...they are yummy!)

Wishing you a warm & cozy evening,

brenda


REMINDER...
there are just a few hours left in our FREE SHIPPING offer! Hurry on over to www.countrystitchesonline.com before it ends tonight at 10:00 pm CST.
















1 comment:

PriviesAndPrims said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I'm sure I'll be back often! A friend gave me one of your patterns and I did a google search and found you! I have just cut out a bunch of patterns to take to work with me and your "First Snow" pattern was one of them. (wool table mat) I love it!
I first saw your patterns at the Pattern Hutch when I went to learn how to do punch needle embroidery.
I have my own store where I sell local crafts, so I get to stitch all day except on those rare occasions when I get lots of customers. :)
Oh, and I love the quality of the photos on your blog!

I'll be back!
blessings,
Doreen
www.PriviesAndPrims.etsy.com