Frost on the pumpkins....

No, take a closer look... that is snow on the pumpkins!

We awoke this morning to a pretty little dusting of snow...

the first of the season.

The growing season has sadly come to an end...

Time to clear off the gardens,

heap on the wood


get the warm woolly sweaters out...

Summer is over...the reality of it is just settlin' in.

A good day to nestle in and do some stitching


cook up a batch of soup

to warm

the tummy...


Come along & let's make some soup...
Cheesy Pepper Chowder, that is.

Super easy & and equally delicious!

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add 1 package (3 cups) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mixture. This can be found in your frozen foods section. Cook vegetables for 5 - 7 minutes or until tender.

Add 2 minced cloves of garlic, stir for 30 seconds.

Add 1/2 pound of chicken fajita meat. Available in the deli-meat section of the grocery store.

Mix 2 teaspoons of chicken bouillon granules into 1 cup of warm water. Stir in 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Pour into vegetable/chicken mixture.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. It is at this time that I cut up the pepper strips into shorter lengths with the edge of a spatula.

Over medium heat, add 8 ounces shredded Velveeta cheese.

Add 1 cup whipping cream to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.

Add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. dried Cilantro; stir to mix in. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Watch closely as you don't want this to boil.

I like to serve this chowder with Avocado flavored corn chips (available at Wal-greens...they are yummy!)

Wishing you a warm & cozy evening,


there are just a few hours left in our FREE SHIPPING offer! Hurry on over to www.countrystitchesonline.com before it ends tonight at 10:00 pm CST.

1 comment:

PriviesAndPrims said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I'm sure I'll be back often! A friend gave me one of your patterns and I did a google search and found you! I have just cut out a bunch of patterns to take to work with me and your "First Snow" pattern was one of them. (wool table mat) I love it!
I first saw your patterns at the Pattern Hutch when I went to learn how to do punch needle embroidery.
I have my own store where I sell local crafts, so I get to stitch all day except on those rare occasions when I get lots of customers. :)
Oh, and I love the quality of the photos on your blog!

I'll be back!