1.31.2010

Now I know...


my A B C's!
You all know about the February 1st goal that I had...
wanted to finish "Mary's Best Handework Samplar" before then.


We all know what day it is today...

The question is, is it going to be finished today?
Guess what I have left? Remember, I said I wasn't going to leave the 16oo-some green pasture stitches until last.
Well,
first it was that cute little urn filled with flowers, then it was the old skeleton key, then it was the alphabet that was tempting me...
I couldn't resist
&
I caved,
leaving the green pasture for another day.


Here we are today...
and the only thing left to stitch is the green pasture....aauuggghhhh!! How could I let this happen??????

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chicken noodle soup is cooking in the crock pot
&
the house smells yummy.
If my peripheral vision is serving me correctly, I do believe that was a laundry basket I just saw in my DH hands as he walked by.
Wonderful!
Now, if I could just get the cat to file my quarterly witholdings & figure the W-2's for me that would even be better!

After a meal of home-made soup & egg~salad on pumpernickel marble rye
it is going to be
me,
stitching lots of green stitches,
in front of the Grammy's.
How is that for an evening of entertainment & enjoyment?


With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda


And a little footnote...
Mary's Best Handework Samplar Details -
Worked on 30 count Parchment Linen by Weeks Dye Works over 2 threads.
Stitch count - 140 wide X 188 high
Finished size - approximately 9 1/4" wide x 12 1/2" high

11 comments:

The French Bear said...

Brenda, I can't wait to see the finished work, I really like it so far! I do like your little birdie clamp too, how charming!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Laura said...

It looks to be a lovely piece! I can't wait to see it fully finished and I'm almost certain that it will fly up on to the top of my wish list to have!
Your evening sounds delightful. Although it will be the new Emma on PBS for me. :)

Julie said...

Love the colors on this, can't wait to see the finished masterpiece! I just love it so far!

Patti said...

Ohhhh...looks like I better order some 30ct Parchment Linen soon! Can't wait to see this finished. Your dinner sounds delicious! As I watch the Grammy's tonight I will be thinking of you slaving away on that green pasture :^)

Linda said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. Always good to have a goal date....otherwise we can just start another project.

Linda

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Oh Brenda !! I love it already !! I love the bird clamp. Is it an antique???

Patti said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the evening! As soon as I am off the computer I plan on working on Miss Snow Flurry- she is coming along quite nicely!

Catherine said...

What a lovely piece - I can't wait to see the entire thing!

Anonymous said...

If your picture is any indication I think you will be forgiven by all. Look at it from this angle, if you had worked on the grass area and not done the other you might not have just the grass area left. Stitching grass area's I think can be sometimes like haveing to mow real grass. It is easy to put it off until tomorrow and then it rains and the next thing you know it is over time to mow but you got a lot of other things done you needed to also.
Can't wait to see it. I love the pic with the sewing bird. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

An old Amish saying says it best...

BUSY HANDS...HAPPY HEARTS

Warmest regards
Patricia

Anonymous said...

There is an old Amish saying that says it best:


BUSY HANDS...HAPPY HEARTS

Warmest regards
Patricia