2.01.2010

Close...but not quite!

Just 160 little stitches left and we are done folks!
The Grammy's needed to be about another hour longer
&
I would have had it done. I could have sat and watched them for another hour, very entertaining... and what about Pink's performance? WOW! At the beginning I wasn't too keen of her dress ( I thought it looked like a swimsuit cover-up...who would have guessed), but loved how her costuming became part of her whole act. The spinning and splashing of water droplets at the end of the performance gave me goosebumps...very creative! I must admit I was somewhat fearful of her falling...that white cloth didn't look all that strong!
Makes me want to go out and buy a new Pink CD today...


Back to stitchin'....


I do know now that the stitching on "Mary's Best Handework Samplar" will be finished this evening.
I've chosen a narrower cocoa brown frame that has an intricate floral relief and roping along the inner edge. Frame has an antique French flair to it in shades of cocoa, espresso and bronze...hope it looks good!

It is a snowy day again here in our parts...
Need to fill the bird feeders & then I'm off to Country Stitches to begin another week!

Have a good week,
Brenda

8 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

I love how this stichery is coming along, the colors are beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished!

staci said...

I've really been enjoying your progress pics...looking forward to the big reveal :)

Pink's performance was spectacular wasn't it? Although, it made me a little dizzy to watch her!!!

Catherine said...

What a great looking piece - can't wait to see it all done up!

Nancy said...

I really love what you have shown so far, and I can't wait until those 160 stitches are finished so we can see this design in its entirety!

Oh I wish I would have watched the Grammy's!

Joanie said...

Hurry, hurry, will you please hurry up and finish this sampler! I am DYING here, the suspense is killing me! I love what I've seen so far and I want to see the finished piece! LOL!!

How long will it be before it's ready to be sold? I NEED it!

corinna said...

looking forward to the unveiling
very tempting

Valerie said...

I am new to your blog and have thourougly enjoyed reading your posts. Your designs are beautiful and I look forward to seeing your newest one soon!

A Bit of Colour said...

Look forward to your sampler be finished. Didn't watch the grammy's. Love the bird in your header!

Blessings~Kim