2.04.2010

A pattern preview!

Since" Mary's Best Handework Sampler" is still at the framers, I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at the other 2 cross patterns that will be released along with the samplar design.
These are both "quick stitches" & can easily get them worked in a weekend...yooohooo!

Miss Lapin (Lapin is French for Rabbit) measures a sweet little 7 3/4" from tips of ears to tips of toes. She is worked on 28 count linen over 1 thread. Lace trim and vintage ivory buttons add nice texture & detail to the finished piece. Small enough to tuck in any little nook or cranny you have around your home.

I have always had a love for the old sewing birds and have begun collecting them....so goes the inspiration for this piece. You will find my interpretation of an early 1800's sewing bird clamp done in cross stitch along with a sweet little pair of scissors and other simple motifs. The linen is then sewn in a primitively shaped heart and stuffed. An antique sewing machine oil can serves as the base to this pinkeep. Strawberry emery, rusty safety pin and sewing pins add extra charm to this piece. The pinkeep measures a petite 7" and is worked on 28 count linen over 1.

Pictures of Mary's Best Handework Samplar to follow...stay tuned!

Patterns will be ready for purchase by weeks end.

Another snow storm is coming....ice starting later this morning & then turning over to a predicted 6" of fresh snow.

Have a good day,
Brenda

6 comments:

Nancy said...

These are both positively wonderful! Looking forward to seeing your new sampler design next!

Deb said...

I just love both of these. I know that I'm going to have to get them as soon as I can. I can't wait to see your samper.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I can't wait Brenda !!! I want them all!!! lol

Jane said...

Love them!!!

Tatkis said...

Adorable patterns! And Miss Lapin is something special!
Tatyana

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

OK I promised no more! But I have to have the bunny! I just love it!! I finished the bird pinkeep and the hornbook sampler but the bunny is calling me to take it home.