2.17.2010

Hoppin right along...

except for one small glitch...
I cannot come up with a name for this poor little missy.
Tis my job for the evening as I watch American Idol and then the Olympics...
to give this little girl a name. And I promise I won't name her Mrs. Cowell!!!!
Paper clay & cloth are used for the construction of the body. Pattern will have easy to follow, illustrated with step by step photos of the construction of the clay head.

Sisal fibers make for life-like whiskers
&
strawberry necklace adds extra charm

Centuries ago the clothing didn't have pockets so women would wear "ditty bags" or pockets around their waists to hold their important belongings. This sweet little rabbit has seeds stored in her pocket. Pocket is constructed from 40 count linen with a sweet little floral motif stitched over 2 threads...so sweet!


And of course,

all pretty ladies wear pretty little shoes...

shoes that lace up to their knees!

Pattern coming soon...
watch for further details & release date!



With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda








20 comments:

LoveThePrimLook said...

I cant wait !!! I loved the snow girl pattern and she was so easy to make :) Great pictures and instuctions !!!
Hugs, Angie

NMK said...

Oh this sweet bunny is just So Cute !!! I Love all the little details, the ditty bag & strawberry necklace & cute shoes !!!! She is Adorable !!!!!

Deb said...

Oh, how I love it! I can't wait to get my hands on that pattern. I've never tried anything like that before, but I think that I must do her!!

DonnaTN said...

She is adorable. I love the tiny stitching on the pocket, the strawberry around her neck and the shoes!

moosecraft said...

Beautiful bunny! Can't wait for the release of this pattern! :-)

First name that came to mind when I seen her is Sophie. So, why not name her "Miss Sophie"?

basketsnprims said...

She's gorgeous Brenda, and I love all of the details. Name her "Miss Fancy". Can't wait for this pattern.
Pam

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

She is just right for Spring !!! Looks like a Ms Berrie to me.

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty. I think you should name her, Mrs. Rabbit as in Peter Rabbits mom. I am sure that there would be carrot seeds or lettuce seeds in her pocket.

DebbieSFL said...

She looks like a Harriet to me!! Very cute bunny.

Shirley said...

She is so adorable. I like the ice skating in the Olympics. Take care.

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece, really wonderful with all the work and details.

Debbie

Susan said...

She is absolutely darling!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HOW WONDERFUL YOUR CREATION IS...DETAILS ,,, DETAILS ,, DETAILS... SIMPLY GRAND!! B

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful bunny and her little bag too!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is absolutely charming - like everything else you do!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delicious...she surely is an EMMA GRACE...I can see it in her smile!
Busy Hands...Happy Hearts

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh my gosh! She is just so precious! I love her! She looks like a Clara to me!
Beautiful work!
yf,
shell

Jamie said...

Oh, my. Glad to find your blog. The rabbit is fantastic - she looks like a "miss ruby" to me... I can't wait to get the pattern. She is wonderful. Jamie V in MT
amzanioli@yahoo.com
http://rem-nants.blogspot.com

Renee said...

LOVE your rabbit! She is WONDERFUL!

Susan Hemann said...

I cannot wait for the bunny pattern.