1.02.2010

NEW PATTERNS!!

INTRODUCING...
With thy Needle & Threads first ever Valentines
cross stitch pattern designs!

I've been wanting to design some patterns for Valentines, yet designs that don't really "scream Valentines"...does that makes sense??!! I do think I have achieved that goal with these 2 new designs. Either piece could be kept out year long...sending the message of love without saying "happy valentines". If you are real adventurous...work them in different colors! I could easily see either piece worked in civil war shades of indigo blue & browns.

"Cupid's Heart"
Finished size is approximately 6 1/4" tall by 7 3/4" wide. Design is worked on 28 count Cashel linen over 1 thread (color - Antique Ivory) with DMC flosses.

"Love & Be Loved"
Finished size for this hanging pin keep is approximately 5 1/4" tall by 9 1/4" wide. Piece is worked on 32 count Belfast linen (color - Platinum) over 2 threads with DMC & Weeks Dye Works flosses. Piece is gently aged with Distress It spray for a wonderful "time-worn" look. Old buttons stitched across bottom of piece adds additional charm.


Patterns are now available for purchase on our
website.


With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda


12 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely! And I agree - the "Civil War" colors would be great.

Nancy said...

Both of your Valentine's Day patterns are just beautiful! I love your idea of a button trim.

Hillery said...

They are beautiful. Congratulations, I love looking at your work.
Hillery
northcountrysamplings.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Those designs are just beautiful. I look forward to doing them. I've done a couple of yours and just love how they turn out!

Faye said...

Brenda, I love the valentines!!! Very creative with the button trim...I just might have to finish mine that way!! I hope to have a Valentine "tree" up in a few days....so, stay posted.... Faye

Lynn said...

Brenda....what pretty Valentines patterns you have come up with...I love them. I also love the colours you have used, my favorite. What a wonderful way to start off the new year.
Lynn

Doreen Frost said...

These are beautiful Brenda :)

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Doreen

Patti said...

I've already placed my order for both! So very cute :D

Patti said...

I've already placed my order for both! So very cute :D

Ter'e said...

Oh Brenda:
You never cease to amaze me at the beautiful, creative work you do!!!!! Cupid's Heart is simply gorgeous. I can't wait to get the pattern.
What about we gals who simply cannot see the small holed fabrics????? Is there hope for us - that we can do this wonderful work as well? What is the secret to doing this tiny handiwork? I'm all ears????? Thank you for the lovely eye candy!

Unknown said...

Ter'e
In response to your comment...no secret with doin' the tiny stuff, just a good pair of magnifiers do wonders!
Brenda

Carol R said...

I like both but especially the Cupid's Heart!

And your header picture is absolutely stunning!