6.26.2010

Your wish is granted...

From this...
to this...
The Candy Corn design is now available in a cross stitch pattern! We had several requests for a cross stitch version of this design, so we converted it for you! We try hard to always meet our customers requests.
The Candy Corn cross stitch piece is worked on 30 count Gold Weeks Dye Works linen over 2 threads using WDW flosses as well. The orange & white portions of the corn are stitched, leaving the linen to be the golden yellow portion of the corn. I couldn't decide on a finish for this piece...do I put it on an oil can base, or do I just leave. I decided to keep it simple, putting no base on this piece. Corn measures 5 1/2" tall and will be fun tucked into an old wooden bowl filled with acorns & pine cones.

With thy Needle & Thread,

Brenda

8 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Terrific, Brenda! I don't know which one I like better! Decisions, decisions!

Friendship Crossing said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cross stich candy corn!!!
I think it looks great just the way you did it!
I love all your punch needle patterns, but am mostly a cross stitcher, so thanks for making both patterns available.
Can't wait to buy it!!!

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

Ellen S said...

Brenda,
I love this design!! I have been a huge fan of yours for years!! I would love to see more of the punch needle designs converted to x-stitch..love Snow Day and Home of the Brave!! Will you have the 30ct linen? Will be ordering!!

Ellen S

Bonnie said...

Brenda, you keep getting better and better. You amaze me at what you design. I love your ideas. Keep them coming girl!!!

Unknown said...

Love it, you did a great job!

WoolenSails said...

I love that design. I was so disappointed when I stopped at the quilted crow this week, none of the designs that I wanted, were there. I still have to finish the ones I have though. With my bad arm, I have put off my punching for now.

Debbie

Deb said...

Oh I love this!! I still haven't learned how to needlepunch, so this is right up my alley. Although I have to learn because I have a slew of your patterns in needlepunch that I can't wait to get to.

Mimi Head said...

Great designs and I love the idea of the candy corn shape!