6.18.2010

INSPIRATION

What once were

three young Service Berry trees

heavy laden

with red berries

in my backyard

are now

berry-less.

ROBIN TREATS!

A favorite verse of mine

came to mind

as I was entertained by Mrs. Ruby Red-Breast

acrobatically

jumping & plucking

the ripe berries from my trees...

I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than of cherries, and very frankly give them fruit for their songs. ~ Joseph Addison, The Spectator, 1712

Spending this rainy Friday charting a new cross stitch design...

I'm thinking it will have fruit trees laden with pretty little red fruit,

a bird or two,

or three

and perhaps the above verse (with a few minor word changes).

I'll keep you posted on it's process...

The sampler will be named ~ Fruit for a Song

With thy Needle & Thread,

Brenda


4 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Brenda I have to agree with you and Mr. Addison I wonder if is is the plants and flowers I love the most or the insects and birds they attract? Maybe it's both working in harmony as it should be that enthralls me. Have a great Friday!
Tina xo

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I know the birds love your backyard. Cross stitch design sound wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to comment on your new Americana-themed header. It is just incredible!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love the name of your new piece! How sweet is that!
Happy Friday to you!