6.19.2010

BROOM HILDA

~A Fun & Fast Stitch ~

a new pattern design from With thy Needle & Thread


A sweet little Hilda the witch

&

Halloween motifs

are stitched on 28 count flax linen over 1 thread.

The band is wrapped around an old whisk broom,

then carefully whip stitched

to secure.

The broom pictured was taken from my ever-growing collection of brooms, most

of which were purchased

on ebay.

A fun little Halloween ditty to tuck in a cupboard or hang from a peg rack or door
nob.
One can never have too many "quick-stitch" projects, in your stitching basket,
to work in between those bigger pieces...

This design can be finished in an afternoon of stitching!


Pattern now available for purchase online
at


With thy Needle & Thread,

Brenda


8 comments:

Catherine said...

How cute!! Are you thinking of doing some for different seasons?

Unknown said...

Catherine,
Yes, a snowman one is rumbling around in my head & hope to put the idea to needle & thread very soon-like!
Brenda

Patti said...

How cute! I love the little witch and I love quick projects, too!

Off to look for whisk brooms on ebay....and while I'm at it, I need to find an old Singer oil can for ABC Pinkeep!

Jane said...

Love it, Brenda! Another cute design you've come up with.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I love it Brenda!

Tatkis said...

Such a nice stitching and very original finishing!
Best wishes,
Tatyana

Kajsa said...

That is a really cute design and finish!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing all the wonderful collections everyone has! I only have one little wee whisk, lol, so I think another collection is in order :D Have a wonderful week!


whisk broom