6.27.2010

A day's worth of stitching
on
"The Pumpkin Farm"...

The design itself is small, measuring 6 3/4" x 6 1/4", but there are a lot of stitches in the piece. Estimated release date of this pattern is mid July. I will be spending every free moment with this piece in hand. The base for "Pumpkin Farm" is 40 count linen that I gently aged, before beginning, to give the cloth a nice "time-worn" look. Design is worked with 1 strand of DMC over 2 threads.

Check back each Sunday afternoon for
pictures of progression of this piece.

With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda

8 comments:

FIONA said...

Your work is beautiful Brenda and I just love the keeper of the pins! Very cute! x

JulieF1962 said...

I can tell right now that this pattern is definitely in my future! I just love your cross stitch designs!

Julie

Ellen S said...

I'm waiting for your new fall releases, this is definitely on my wishlist!!!
Can't wait to see your progress next Sunday!!!

Ellen

Denise said...

The colors in 'The Pumpkin Farm' are quite lovely. I would like to know what you did to 'gently age' the linen??
Best wishes....

Faye said...

Oh Brenda....This is looking fantastic!!! Like you, I am trying to focus myself in the direction of "fall" and this new design of yours will definitely be on my to-do list!!! I absolutely cannot wait for its release!!!! Would you please advise how you aged your fabric?? I love your work~~~

Jane said...

Looks lovely so far, Brenda. Your new designs are always a pleasure to see.

Gladys Creativa said...

Is really beautiful!

Natasha said...

I can say that I love it already, look forward to the Sunday updates and its release :) Hope you are enjoying your summer