3.10.2010

The truth about the tulips...

First let me say that my darling husband isn't one of those guys that surprises me with flowers....darn it! He knows I love flowers, but still very rarely does he give me flowers. So....a lady's got to do what she's gotta do! I've been gifting myself each week with a fresh new bouquet of tulips! If you've noticed I've had tulips in my photos here on my blog and even as props on my new pattern covers.
My darling husband has noticed the tulips each week and nonchalantly asks, "Where did the flowers come from?" I reply with, from my lover or I might mix it up a tad and say from my secret admirer". He says,"hmm" and end of conversation.

Its quite funny really...well worth the 10 bucks to see the expression, or should I say lack of expression! But he keeps asking, so I just keep telling little white lies...


This weeks tulips are a beautiful pink with white tipped edges. I have displayed them in one of my Ironstone pitchers. See the large pitcher to the right of the flowers? Tis a new purchase and a great bargain at just 7 bucks...isn't a Meakin piece, but oh well...I love it just the same! Won't it look beautiful filled with peonies this summer?




At least one male in the house likes flowers...
He likes to be apart of the display & enjoys a catnap under the tulips. His silky white Birman fur looks lovely with the ironstone...


Oh, yea...
the truth about the tulips?





Dearest Darling Husband of mine,
If you should happen to ever read your wife's blog...
the tulips come from Wally World (aka Wal-mart)
and there is no secret admirer...
just you!
But it's been fun while it lasted...no need to ask where they came from again!
BUT...
if you should ever venture out to Wal-Mart, they are right in the doorway on your left-hand side and they are only 5 bucks a bunch & 2 bunches fills my pitcher nicely!





Brenda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photos of the Tulips so pretty especially with the white pitcher.What a great find,some of you get the best buys I must move I think,lol.Some how the white adds such prettiness to them.Love your sweet cat as well.Thanks for sharing!~~Becky

Catherine said...

I have been admiring your tulips on your most recent posts!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh tulips, one of my favorite flowers! Did you know about a half dozen pennies in the bottom of the vase makes them last longer? But you need to trim the stems every day because they keep growing! It's true! Maybe you already knew that, I just never stop finding that fascinating! LOL

Unknown said...

Love this post, love the tulips and all the white pitchers. Only 7.00 I think that is great.
I bet you get some more tulips you don't buy yourself. Men just need directions sometime.
Happily waiting one of your patterns in the mail.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

What beautiful photos...I love flowers, too. And, like yours, my man doesn't seem to think about buying them either. I may have gotten roses one time.

I've never ventured out to buy myself some - like you - just because. I'll have to keep idea in the back of mind. ;)