8.04.2009

Vacation's over...

It's back down to 1200 feet elevation, rolling hills covered in a blankets of green fields of corn and soybeans...
Back home to Iowa...where breathing is a whole lot easier!


Here is a little picture share for you of our vacation in the Colorado Rocky Mountains...



LOVELAND PASS



After the car ride up to the Continental Divide, we took a hike to the top...and I use the term "we" very loosely here!

Eventually my fear of heights won over and I told the rest to go on as I was going to take some pictures of some wild flowers that I spotted...good excuse I thought!


The weather at Loveland pass was a chilly 4o degrees when we got out of the car (I was not dressed warm enough). While we were there a weather system moved in with rain & wet snow.
Amazing to me, wildflowers do grow at this elevation!


I kept an eye on my family as they continued to hike on up to the top.

I noticed son Matthew spotted a patch of remaining snow. I knew exactly what he was up to....lets throw a snowball at Mom!

Don't ever under estimate the zoom on your mothers camera!

I witnessed the whole scenario and got pictures as evidence...



Once he realized I was no longer taking pictures of flowers & new exactly what he was up to, it was onto plan B...let's nail dad with a wet snowball!



Let the snowball fight begin!


The guys did finish their 80 mile alpine bike ride without any mishaps or cardiac arrests. It took them around 8 hours to complete the ride & now I can check this off my "worry list", as my darling husband would say!


Vacation is over...
it's back to work!


have a good week,
brenda


P.S.
Our shipment of Patera jewelry findings did not arrive before I left on vacation. They are on the UPS truck to be delivered today. Customer orders waiting for these will ship today.






1 comment:

Natasha said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation. I lived in Colorado just for a short time and I miss it every day. Your pictures are great.
Take Care