8.17.2009

{Turn Greeting Cards into Jewelry}

While on a family gathering in Brainerd Minnesota my sister & I visited a wonderful gift shop called the "Christmas Room". This store is HUGE...3 floors of goodies ranging from kitchen gadgets, seasonal items, home decor, clothing, shoes, baby items, custom furniture, tea room

and....cards...

lots of cards!

Plus a ton of other items I forgot to mention...

If you are ever in the Brainerd area, it is worth a stop! BUT...I would advise leaving the husband at home!

So...I bought a stack of greeting/note cards. I'm pretty certain the lady checking me thought, "My this lady likes to keep in touch with family & friends". Little does she know, this is the lady who stands at Hallmark and can never find thee perfect card...


NEW DISCOVERY...


Greeting cards work great for jewelry making! Now I have my fabric collection, UFO collection, floss collection, scrapbook paper collection, bead collection & now my gift card collection...wonder what a counselor would say about this hording tendency that I have acquired???


BEFORE
& AFTER...

AREN'T THEY FUN?



For those of you who are having as much fun as I making jewelry, from the Patera Jewelry findings, check your local stationer for greeting, note & thank you cards for your new source of paper! Join me in my newest paper addiction...

For those of you who haven't tried this jewelry making thing yet...
give it a try...
so easy & fun...
you'll be amazed!


Lots & lots of new jewelry pieces have been added to our website (under the NEW ITEMS category) for purchase. Supply is limited...don't delay!
Check them out!



have a good week,

brenda












4 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Wow, these are so pretty!! What a great idea to use cards!

Cole said...

This is something I would love to try too... but I may get an eviction notice if I started another stash collection!! LOL

Beth Anderson said...

What a great idea! So clever!
How do you create the pendants?

Beth Anderson said...

thanks for the tutorial Brenda!