8.02.2012

Hallelujah...look who's risen!

Hard
dry
cracked
soil

A picture of drought.

It's been a strange
past several months...
very little snow
and
now very little rain.
I'm missing rain.
I'm missing the smell of rain.
I'm missing thunder.

What are you doing
 to us
 Mother Nature?
I ask...
 how can tiny little green stems
 poke their way through
the parched, hard as rock soil?

One day tender green sprouts,
and
in a couple of days
these...

beautifully formed blooms,
just waiting to unfold...

With amazement,
I ponder how they can push their way through the
rock- hard ground
and
 come out looking
so beautiful?
Not a petal out of place.
Picture. Perfect.

They have risen....
Hallelujah!

These little ladies
 always visit me each August,
religiously...


drought,
or
no drought...

My garden welcomes thee...
thank you ladies!

Have a blooming day,
Brenda

4 comments:

cucki said...

Have a lovely day too :)
Lovely flowers xxx

CalamityJr said...

We needed this post - thank you!

P.J. said...

I grew up calling them naked ladies. Then when I was older I heard them called the resurrection flower. I wonder if I could get them to grow in Maine. They are delicate beauties.

The Nebby Needle said...

I feel so guilty here in eastern Tennessee as we seem to get a "gully washer" each afternoon. Chance of rain is predicted for the next week as well. Wish I could send some your way! ~*