7.25.2014

New Patterns!

This is my favorite time of the year!
Summer is in full swing,
with the first day of school just around the corner.
It is this time of year that we start gathering projects
for the next seasons and upcoming holidays.
Oh, and did I mention
sweet corn and fresh garden tomatoes?
BLT's, too!

New Halloween & Everyday patterns are ready!
Autumn-themed and Christmas to follow in mid-August.

"Hallow-day" Inn
 -worked on 32 count linen (1 over 2) -
A fun little Halloween piece that I chose a simple finish for.  Edges are just turned under and I will pin it to an old cupboard door with stick pins.


"Gardener Goode Witch"
- worked on 32 count linen (1 over 2) -
This was really a fun stitch!   I finished this into a long & skinny pillow with rusty bells sewn to each end.  Have you tried the new count linens from Week Dye Works?  I used their 32 count, color - Linen for this piece...love the linen, it is gorgeous and has such a wonderful feel in hand. 


"Bittersweet & Broomsticks"
 
And for all you punch needle enthusiasts, a little something for you, too!  This piece coordinates very well with either new cross stitch design.  I chose to mount this on a paper mache' box that I painted and finished with a hand-grained finish.  

"Blue Bunting"
 This spring I had the pleasure of being hostess to a pair of indigo buntings.  They could be found each morning nibbling on the grape jam.  They were the inspiration for this design.  The design is worked on 32 count linen (1 over 1)  I chose the pocket watch frame finish for this.  I gathered a couple of small old books and attached it with some vintage seam tape ribbon.  A tiny bundle of wild rose hips add just a little more detail to the finish.


"Summer Saltbox"
My dream home...a saltbox! 
 I love all their windows,  the simplicity and clean lines of this style of home. 
Fluffy sheep, towering sunflowers and the abc's make for a sweet little sampler.
I plan to tie some hemp cording onto this piece and wear it with a chambray dress.
The design is worked on 32 count (1 over 1).


Have a good weekend,
Brenda


1 comment:

Lori Duckworth said...

I absolutely love both of these designs! I just bought the pattern for Summer Saltbox--I can't wait to start stitching it--it will be the first time I've ever attempted to do one over one tiny cross stitch!