2.09.2012

Time is Ticking...

Have I told you I love old pillow ticking? 
It's just one of those
simple
&
timeless
things...
My collection consists
of light blues
in narrow stripes...
darker indigo blues...
blues with reds...

&
wide blue stripes
(my personal favorite)

I've spent a few evenings surrounded by piles
of ticking that I've collected over the years.
Thumbing through it,
folding and refolding it,
even picking off some
down from their backside's
and 
for the most part
contemplating
and 
trying to
visualize...

But enough playing with the ticking,
it's time to get down to business.

Time is ticking,
and
a decision needs to be made
as market is quickly approaching
and 
I've got deadlines to meet.
I've always wanted
to incorporate 
old pillow ticking 
into a sampler design. 
The idea has gone from a sketch,
in my sketch pad,
to almost reality.
Except...
except, I'm "scaird" to death
to cut into the freshly cross stitched sampler...

It's going to give me sweaty pits.
I just know it is...

Wish me luck.
And with any luck,
in a few weeks,
you'll see the finished product
in a new cross stitch pattern.

Crossing all finger & toes that I don't screw it up,
Brenda

16 comments:

Penny said...

I have faith in you, everything you do in my eyes is perfect. Looking forward to the new design. You have just the best ideas! Can't wait to see what you have come up with.

Penny said...

From another Penny..... ditto what the first Penny said!!!
I know it will be beautiful....

Stitching Cat said...

Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing the new design. You brought back a pleasant memory for me - one of the first items I sewed under my Grandmother's watchful eyes, was a sleeveless blouse and gathered skirt in black and white ticking! Thank you so much for the memory!

Peggy Lee said...

It makes my pits sweaty just reading this but I KNOW you can do it! You are one of the most creative and crafty people I've run across.....can't wait to see what you come up with.

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

I love the "wife of noble character" quote in your header.

cucki said...

best of luck deary :)
ia m sure it will be lovely xx

gracie said...

You can do it! We know you can so you can.

primjillie said...

I can hardly wait! I am a huge ticking fan - can never have enough! Looking forward to the pattern!

Jill Palumbo

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

No way will you screw it up. I can't wait to see it. I love old ticking fabric, too!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm sure you'll be fine; everything you design is top notch.

Tatkis said...

Good luck and don't afraid!
Can't wait to see your finished project!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Maggitle said...

I'll cross everything that I have for you and us stitching ladies *smile*. But I have face in you that it will be just wonderful again!
Good luck!

Teresa said...

That is so funny! I love ticking too and would definitely get "sweaty pits" if I had to cut into a just finished cs piece..but the difference is, is that you do some of the most lovely work and we all know that, sweaty pits or not, it's going to be perfect!! Besides sweat equity is always good! :)

Deborah Anne said...

I have faith that you of all people can pull it off!

Louise said...

Oh!! I just LOVE ticking!! I just made some pin pillows out of ticking, I have just posted about them on my blog. It is just the prettiest fabric, so close to my heart (reminds me of Raggedy Annies legs in the colors of red and white of course) :)
I am sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful..whatever you touch turns to gold! ;)

Raggedystitches,
Louise

denise said...

just wanted to say that i tried your crock pot cobbler. it was wonderful!!!!! thanks for sharing. denise