2.02.2012

It's Recipe Share Day...Crock Pot Cobbler!

Today's recipe share seems appropriate
for the month of February
with Valentines Day approaching.
  This is a quick and easy dessert 
and
oh. so. good.
"CROCK POT COBBLER"

Here is what you will need...
 1 Can Cherry Pie Mix,
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 cup butter
Almond extract
Sliced Almonds (optional)
Mix 1 tsp. almond extract into the cherry pie mix.

Place into crock pot.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in microwave.
Place yellow cake mix in mixing bowl and add melted butter.
Stir to mix.
Mixture will be crumbly.
  
Layer cake mix crumb mixture over cherries in the crock pot.
Top with sliced almonds. 
If you have some family members that do not like nuts,
place nuts 
on just half of the cobbler.
Bake on low setting for 2 - 3 hours. 
Once the sides start turning a golden brown,
do the toothpick test 
in the center of the cobbler. 
If the toothpick comes out clean,
it's done!
Serve warm. 
Place in pretty little dessert dish
and
top with a dollop of ice cream.

This can also be made 
with apple pie mix,
omitting the almond extract
and
substituting pecans
for the almonds.

And as always,
click on arrow
for your printable recipe card!
Click to play this Smilebox recipe

 Have a good day everyone,
Brenda

16 comments:

Penny said...

Love the recipes, I look forward to them every week. I am putting them in a binder and going to give them to my nieces for Christmas. Thank you for sharing and the cute little way to print them.

Krista said...

Love your recipts, this one looks scrumptious!

Joy said...

Yummy!

cucki said...

love the recipe..
yummyyyyyyyyy

Rachel said...

OMG!!!!! Can hardly wait to try it!! All of your recipes that I have tried are soooo YUMMY!!!! Thank you for sharing!!! You take the stress out of cooking!!!!

Penny said...

Oh my -- sounds yummy and easy -- I'll be trying this one for sure!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Karen said...

Yummmmm I'm off to the pattern cuz I think I have everything there :).

karen

woolwoman said...

This sounds awesome and my husband loves cherries so this will work great. Love your colorful recipe card. thanks so much for sharing
Melody

jan said...

Sounds delicious! Jan

carolm said...

Cherries, my favorite.. will make tomorrow

Donna said...

The recipe looked so good this morning, I made it this afternoon. Amazingly, had all the ingredients.
Didn't use nuts. I'm happy to report it was DELICIOUS. Warm with vanilla ice cream. This is a definite keeper. Thank you, Brenda.

Deb said...

Sounds absolutely delicious!! Will be making in the near future!!

Lynn said...

I have company coming for supper next weekend after a very busy day so this will be perfect! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Melanie said...

Yum. YUM!!! :)

(Haha! The word verification was ovens. No joke.)

Miss Pants said...

I made it last night! It was such a warm and tasty treat!

Reminded me of the camping dessert, dutch oven treat.

Stephanie M. said...

I wanted to let you know that I made this and the lasagna recipe, they both turned out great. My boyfried could not get enough of the lasagna. Thanks for posting these receipes, I think it is great to be able to add new recipes to the rotation...lol.