1.22.2012

It's Saturday


it's Saturday AM
2:30 AM
and I'm awake. 
Wide awake.
My mind is full of all the things
that I want need to get accomplished over my weekend...

Like finish stitching March's Word Play, 
and complete it's patterns instructions,
pattern cover graphics need to be generated...
there's no time for a breather between March and April's word play,
no week off this time around...

I need to get Aprils finished 
ASAP
so it can be released
at the upcoming TNNA show.

I need to get some punch needle patterns
for spring
sketched & punched.

I need to get my W-2's done
and
sales tax paid
before the end of the month.

I need to get my 2011 taxes
 to the accountant
before April 1
this year,
in case grand baby #2 decides to come early,
like her brother did...
so I can go help!
I need to order some items we are sold
out of
at Country Stitches.


I roll over and look at the clock 
and
I think it now says something
like 2:33 AM.
I'm pretty sure 
by now 
the clock might not be moving...

So,
I continue to toss and turn
with my mind
full of stuff 
I've got to get done.
It's now 4:00 AM.
  
Yep,
I saw 3:00 AM,
too.
  So,
I decided my
cluttered mind wins,
and I get up.
  Up for the day.
No one in the neighborhood is up with me...
Nope,
we are the only house
with lights on...

The coffee pot is on.
It's 4:00 AM
and
my day of stitching has begun.

Coffee pot is empty by 6:00 AM.
 you know you are in for a long day
when this happens...

While stitching
and
drinking coffee
like a maniac,
I must add,
my mind turns to
"what's for lunch",
"what's for dinner"???
I decided it
was going to be 
just a
"cook-one-meal-eat-leftovers-the-rest-of-the-meals-type-of-weekend"...
does anyone else do this??

Hmmmm...
what makes really really good leftovers? 
Lasagna!

This is a new recipe that I tried on my family over the holiday,
with some adjustments made to it, 
by yours truly...
  It was to be made in a crock-pot,
but I needed to speed things up a tad
and it works in an oven too.

  I don't like cottage cheese, 
makes me gag,
literally.  
{looks like baby barf, sorry}

So it is something 
that I always omit
from any lasagna recipe. 

What caught my eye 
with this recipe
is there is no cottage cheese,
but calls for Alfredo sauce instead, yummers... 
It also calls for the
no-boil lasagna noodles. 
Perfect, 
one less messy step
that I don't enjoy doing..
.my noodles always rip
{sigh}

So folks, today's recipe share is

DELICIOUS CREAMY LASAGNA
Let's start, shall we?  
Brown one pound of ground beef, with 1/2 chopped onion, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
And while the hamburger is browning, gather up these necessary ingredients...
After hamburger is browned; drain.
  Return hamburger to pan and stir in 8 oz of tomato sauce, 26 oz of your favorite pasta sauce
(our family favorite is Bertolli).  Add 2 tsps. of Italian seasoning mix.
Stir; mixing well.
Grease a glass cake pan.  Spread 3/4 cup of the meat mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Layer 3 no-boil noodles over the sauce.
Spread evenly with 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Spread evenly with 1/3 of the beef mixture.  Repeat layers two more times, ending with the beef mixture.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the top.  Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 degrees for one hour.  Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 20 - 30 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
Let set at room temp for 15 minutes to set-up.  Cut into servings, using a pizza cutter for easy cutting!
Serve with a fresh green salad and toasted garlic french baguette bread.


Click on arrow for a printable version of the recipe!
Click to play this Smilebox recipe
Create your own recipe - Powered by Smilebox

7 comments:

gracie said...

sounds delicious....I will be there shortly!

denise said...

i've one those kind of weeks of eating leftovers. hope you get your ordering cone. i'm waiting patiently for my scissors and needles.

Anonymous said...

This recipe is great...must give it a try this week!
I'm not a fan of cottage cheese either...give ricotta a try. Not only is it delicious in lasagna but spread on a piece of bread and drizzled with honey it's divine!!!
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Brenda you are a total riot!!

flowers on my table said...

Looks lovely, I'll try that.Thanks for sharing. Love Linda x

Rachel said...

Thank you for the recipe! I am actually going to try it this evening! Giving my househusband a break tonight! Sounds yummy and easy! Just right up my alley! Thanks again!!

Rachel said...

Brenda,

Your recipe was fantastic and to say the least easy! I made the lasagna last night for my italian husband and got two thumbs up! he thought I was in the kitchen all day preparing!! Thank you again for the recipe!!