9.04.2015

Last hurrah...

and just like that
summer is winding down.
 
Wishing everyone a safe & fun holiday weekend.
 
 
My shop is getting a fresh paint of coat over the long weekend.  My building was used for a toy store in the early 1950's.  After some scraping and sanding of it's side walls,  we exposed it's lettering from it's earlier days, "Toy World" along with a plump looking teddy bear.  I like to imagine my attic is filled with old toys.  My husband, who has been up in the attic, tells me otherwise.  He says there is just insulation up there, I still prefer to imagine! 
 
A weekend never passes without some stitching, so I imagine I will have a date with my needle & hoop at some time...
 
 
I am not one to use "colored" linen, usually sticking with the neutral shades of ivory and tans.  I have started and stopped several projects on darker linens and I am actually thinking this design will see a finish on red linen.  It is quite surprising how much different the floss looks on the linen then from the skein.  Those berries are an ivory floss and my eye is telling me they look white on red linen....all the flosses are looking brighter on the red linen.  So floss selection has been a bit challenging. 
 
 
Happy Labor Day Weekend to you all,
Brenda
 
 


13 comments:

Teresa said...

Ohhhh!!! It looks great


Jeannine520 said...

I can't wait to see your finish. I love red linen. It always surprises how different the colors I think I want to stitch with are from what I was hoping to see on the linen. My first stitch ever was on a dark linen and my did it take some serious color adjustments before I came out with what I was expecting.

Susie H said...

The red linen is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Carmen Sutton said...

I'm liking the red linen its fun to be a little daring and jump out of our comfort zone looks like your doing a smashing job.

Mary said...

This is looking just beautiful! I look forward to seeing the finish!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that red linen and can't wait to see the final project!

woolwoman said...

I love the idea of the toy shop and the old forgotten toys in the attic - just keep dreaming Brenda - we love your stuff of dreams ..........
Enjoy your stitching on the red linen
Mel

LaNelle said...

Oh my gosh...loving the red linen! How fun! Can't wait to see the complete design..... Blessings on this Labor Day weekend!

llknbillburg said...

Love that linen color! Can't wait to see what it grows up to be. Laura

Elizabeth said...

Loving the red fabric😘

vaiybora said...

Thank for your sharing good blog comment.

หนังซอมบี้

Play bazaar said...

nahi ki bade bade aadmi 👬 play bazaar satta king mere dost bane,
meri kaushish ☺ hai ki mere saare dost 👫 bade dade aadmi bane.

Online Teer said...

Thanks for the useful post.
Satta King Gali Disawar
Satta King Disawar