7.15.2015

Finish work!


If I were a carpenter,
 I would be a "Finish Carpenter". 

 It is the finish work,
 the trim, 
and all the extra detail
 that goes into a piece
 that I enjoy the most . 


 It is what makes someone want to pick the item up
&
 take a closer look...
 to touch,
feel,
&
 run their fingers through a tiny, little fringe tassel...


The finish must nicely accent the piece, 
without being overwhelming.
It is a fine balance.


I like to combine different materials, 
for varying textures,
it is calming to my eye....


  
I like to mix old with new...

Or finish the piece into something useful,
a place to rest our needle or pins
is always fun.

A finish that can
become our stitching companion...


A pattern finish is always close at hand when I am to this step... 
may just be another reason that I enjoy finish work!
The end is in sight.
  An idea from a sketchpad 
is now in full color...
mission accomplished


With thy Needle & Thread,
Brenda





13 comments:

Kathy L. said...

Can't wait to see these Brenda. Your finishing techniques are always so creative!!

Kate Gillery said...

I think your work is just Beautiful, Brenda.
From designer to designer, you have the eye! Kate Gillery

angelasweby said...

I did enjoy reading about the pleasure finishing gives you. It's the part of stitching I least enjoy and because of that I don't look forward to the stitching coming to an end. Subsequently, when a piece of stitching is finished, unless it's a gift or an exchange piece, it just languishes in a drawer. Today, reading about the different elements you draw together to create a final piece has really inspired me. I've always collected pieces of old vintage lace, trimmings, pretty Mother of pearl buttons but never tried combing old with new. I'm going to try and generate some excitement into finishing some long overdue bits of stitching thanks to you.

Crystal said...

Can't wait to see the new punch needle designs. Love each and everyone of them. I really would like to learn to cross stitch. Maybe one day you will offer a beginner's class. It would be great. Maybe an online class. Just a thought and I bet a lot of people would sign up.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

So beautiful! And I understand what you are talking about and completely agree! Can't wait to see what you have for us! I'm taking last years Hollowday Inn to fair next week!

Beth said...

When we built our house I thought we hired a Scandinavian carpenter - a Finnish carpenter not a finish carpenter!

Natascha Kooijman said...

I love your works and I love how you enjoy finishing a piece.. I always have a wrong attitude. When a work is coming to an end I want to hurry, because I want to start a new one.
So I am always very stressed out when I am finishing.... Now I know not to do that.. I admire the quality of your work.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful finishing touches! Looking forward to your autumn releases!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful works indeed! looking forward to your new patterns! My Best, Kimberly

Faye said...

I agree so much with you Brenda.... The finishing piece of the project has always been my favorite.... And, I've gotton so I finish things "Carolina Stitcher" style... Subtle embellishment, unique blends of materials and looking for a unique twist with the project.... Your designs have always been among my favorites to both stitch AND finish..... Keep up the great work.....

Thistle Cove Farm said...

your beautiful word and words go together quite nicely...well done!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

oh shush. that should read "work and words"...my apologies.

Play bazaar said...

hi samhjo ye kissa mohabbat 💏 ka,
pahle tumhe 👸 mera 👦 nahi hona play bazaar satta king