10.22.2010

My new treasure & a crazy AM...

I've had one of those types of mornings...
didn't sleep well, been up and out of bed since 4:30 AM
and gots too much coffee in me (sorry, I'm feeling grammatically challenged today due to caffeine overload).
At 7:30 AM took a phone call from Mom,
she informs me Dad's in the hospital...irregular heart beat.
Okay, now the caffeine from the 7 cups of coffee I have consumed
this morning
have kicked in
and I feel like maybe my heart is doing a cartwheel or two, also.
So I try to busy myself
and head to the post office to find two yellow cards in our post office box...
love it when I have these in my box because that means I have packages.
One package was from Suzanne,
one of my model cross stitchers
and immediately tore into that package
the minute I got into the car.
Thanks Suzanne...once again, your stitching is PERFECT!!

I didn't recognize the name of the California sender of package number 2, so I elected to wait until I got home to open that package.
Upon opening the package
I remembered it was my recent eBay purchase, a spinning pincushion/spool holder. The piece is much smaller then it appeared in the photo....just a mere 3" tall. I love the "petite-ness" of it...I immediately fell in love with the pincushion's old worn corduroy cloth...
you know, the old faded orangish reddish red...LOVE that color, it's my fav!
So I thought I'd share a picture of my new little pincushion/thread spool keep with you all...
it is my new favorite treasure!

Not sure how my next days will unfold. Will be spending my day sitting by the phone, waiting for it to ring probably....
Have a good weekend,
Brenda

7 comments:

Penny said...

You find the best stuff, love that new treasure! Can't wait to see the new design. I am always excited over your things. Hope you dad is doing well. Love your blog and am so excited to see what is coming on Nov. 2nd. Penny

Linda said...

What a precious little pin cushion...it looks very old timey.
Very sorry to read your father is in the hospital..wishing him wellness and to be home soon.

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers...trusting the next phone call brings good news!
Your latest treasure is delicious...sure wish you could find someone to make reproductions that could be sold at the store!!!
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I will say a prayer for your dad. I love your new little treasure !

Sandra said...

Dear Brenda,
I read your Blog all the time and love all of your wonderful designs and finishing ideas. You are very talented indeed. Thank you for carrying some of my things on your selling website.

Your needlework treasure is great. I know how tickled you are. I've been collecting like items for years and it never gets old.

I just had to tell you that I am sending kind wishes for your Father's return to good health. Nothing is more devastating than having health scares with your family members.

Hope you will share good news soon.

Fondly,
Sandra Sullivan
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your pincushion looks almost just like on that I purchased of Ebay myself in the last couple of weeks. I love mine too. Yours is very pretty aslo. I do love the orange corduroy fabric too. Mine is a plaid.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Brenda, I'll put your family on my prayer list.