9.26.2010

Beautiful Autumn Day & Comfort Food...

After several rainy days, we awoke this morning to a clear warmer Autumn day with just a hint of crispness in the air...
not a cloud in the sky,
the lake looked like glass...no wind today.
The weatherman says we have a beautiful week in store... in the low 70's, no wind or rain...perhaps the nicest week of the year.
It was a good day to open up the windows & let the fresh outside air into the house.
Just the type of day to start the oven and prepare a meal of comfort food...
so that is just what I did.
Join me as I make
Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Herb Sauce
Peel 3 carrots and mince in a food processor or chop finely by hand.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat; add 1/2 cup of minced carrots to the oil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove carrots from pan with slotted spoon.

Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to pan and melt. Heat until mixture becomes foamy looking, but not smoking.

Sprinkle pork tenderloin chops with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Place into pan and cook until lightly browned.
Flip and repeat for other side.
Remove pork from the pan and place onto an oven-safe plate and cover. Place into a 325 degrees oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, you can prepare the sauce. To the drippings in the pan add, 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules. Stir, working flour into butter/oil mixture until smooth.
Whisk in 2/3 cup light cream, stirring until thick.
Stir in 1/4 cup white cooking wine.
Add cooked carrots into sauce.
Stir until well blended. Heat mixture through, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
Remove pork tenderloin chops from the oven. Pour Creamy Herb Sauce over pork.
Serve with fresh green beans & garden squash for a wonderful autumn dinner.
And last but not least...a caramel apple for dessert! To ease the guilt, I just kept telling myself that I need to get more fruit into my diet...yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Have a good week,
Brenda

5 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Brenda, Thanks for making me hungery at 12:15 am... I think I will add more Fruit too!

Peggy Lee said...

MMmmmm....it's only 5am but for some reason I'm feeling hungry!

Linda said...

Yum! Sounds wonderful. Pork tenderloin is on my shopping list!

Susan said...

Loved the fruit for dessert idea but you know, everything tastes better with caramel!

Happy Stitching!

Jeanie said...

Wow! I just had dinner, but that recipe looks so delicious. Might have to make that for dinner this weekend-thanks:)