9.21.2008

New M&M's...in electrifying colors

Aren't these cool? NEW electrifying colors of orange, lime green, purple & black! I will admit I am the biggest sucker for NEW items at the grocery story....gets me everytime!

We enjoyed another beautiful autumn day here in Iowa, a perfect day to have the windows open, decorate the house for Halloween, actually bake a meal in the oven (rather then grilling) and well of course bake Monster cookies!
MONSTER COOKIES
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
12 oz. chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup margerine, softened
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 c. uncooked quick oatmeal
6 oz. milk chocolate & caramel swirled chocolate chips (Toll House)
1/4 pound M & M's
Cream together sugars, peanut butter and margarine. Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Mix well. Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and M&M's. Place on cookie sheet using an ice cream dipper. Flatten with a glass that has been dipped into sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 to 15 minutes. The trick to making perfect Monster Cookies is to not overbake! Yes, you read the recipe correctly...no flour in these cookies!
Enjoy,
brenda gervais

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

I like those lime green MM's too. I think I will try your cookie recipe. I love cookies that have oats in them.